Monday, June 7, 2010

What would your clothing say about you..to a perfect stranger...?



Have you ever wondered.....What do other people upon first glance, perceive of me?





I do! I wonder:




  • do you see a wife

  • do you see a mother

  • do you see a teacher

  • do you see a friend

  • do you see kindness

  • do you see caring

  • do you see loving

  • do you see appreciative

  • do you see hard working

  • do you see God fearing

  • do you see a Godly woman



I beseech you therefor, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, aceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. ~Romans 12:1-2~

Remember the World only see's your outsides, it is not until a person wants to get to know you that they see any of the attributes mentioned above, except to know if you walk in Gods pathway or not!

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. ~Romans 13:14~

So what do others see in you? I want my clothing to emit the Glory of God, which means modesty in everything I do, my clothing, my make up, my jewelery and yes, even my shoes.

I do not, want not, (knowing or unknowinly) cause others to stumble or fall because of my attire. When I get dressed I am putting on the Armour of God, when I walk in society I am wearing the Armour of God, when I am setting the example for my children I am wearing the Armour of God, I want everyone to look unto myself, my husband, my daughters, and my sons and say Wow, they walk in the Light, the Light of Christ....

What is the Armour of God?

The helmet of Salvation

The breastplate of Righteousness

The belt of Truth

The shoes of the Gospel

The sword of God's Word

The shield of Faith

Now if you dress to illuminate the Armour of God, led by example and commanded by the infaillable Word of God, then you are able to say when others look to me they look at the Glory of God's Daughters. Join me in being pleased and honoured to be counted as a Daughter of Christ!

May you be blessed with wisdom, strength and courage to dress in Modesty and to dress in Not clothes of a Man!

Thank you for reading,

With Him all is possible,

stacey

4 comments:

  1. I very much like this Stacey! very good job writing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen for modest dress and not wearing clothing meant for me. We must always portray Christ in all that we do (we can only do this if we truly are clothed in Christ!).

    One question I have though - what is the purpose of make-up and jewelry? Please prayerfully consider this question.

    Lord bless you as you follow Him in truth.
    In Christ, Joanne in MO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment Joanne. I personally have many differing thoughts on Make up and Jewlery. I am currently at the stage in my Christian Walk that I have gone from a big believer in alot of make up and expensive jewelery. Alot of it came from the fact that I never had when I was younger then when I got older it was a status symbol for me. The make up I always used to use to "show" my individuaity. So now it has been baby steps to where I currently am. I wear Make up to enhance my natural beuty, and modest jewelery to accentuate my outfit. I am in between what I feel towards not wearing either and am waiting for the Lord to Lead me in that direction. For now I wear my wedding band...which we will be selling because it is to guady. and replacing them with plain bands. And a neclace when we go out. My husband likes how I put it together. I firmly believe that women are the Glory of their Husbands and What he likes me to wear I will wear with in the guidelines of the Bible and how the Lord convicts us. So I am slowly working through all of this, it has been a year now of only skirts and complete modesty. And I came from a background where immodest was the only way... So sorry I fear I am rambling. I hope this anwsers your question.

    With Him all is possible,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to have stumbled upon your website! It is a blessing to see a blog dedicated to the worthy cause of modesty! I will be back soon. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie