Saturday, June 26, 2010

How do we stay Encouraged in Times of Severity?

How do we as Christian Women
Stay Encouraged?

It is not even in times of Trials and tribulations that we need encouragement. It is in the small things that happen in our every day lives. For example, I need encouragement in the parts of my day where I for reasons unknown to me, where I do not feel the Lord nearest to me..When all of a sudden I realized I need Him, I need to feel the Holy spirit fill me with strength and wisdom, energy, love, compassion and understanding.


How are you feeling today? How were you feeling yesterday? How can we learn from Today, Yesterday and make tomorrow a better day?


I am sure we all feel it, the moments when the darkness looms above us. The dark feelings that threaten our very emotional being. The moments when all seems to crash in around us in waves of unforgiveness.


The enemy knows us, he knows which cords to strike when he wants us to falter. He uses our past, our hurts, our families, our insecurities, our desires, our wants, ourselves and he utilizes us as a carpenter would use the nails in order to get the carpet down.


There is hope... When I was lost I always felt it but denied it. When I was lost there was no end to the feelings and the waves and I rode it out until I could quiet them down. But never ending the discouragement and discontentment I felt.


When I was saved the waves still came, and sometimes because I was so new to seeking God and allowing God to enter into my very being. The waves sometimes overflowed.

Four years and just a year finding Christ in a new way helps me. Knowing that my Heavenly Father is there, he can not always save me from the trials or the tribulations, simply because there are lessons that I need to learn, know and grow in Him. I find that although I cry I never cry alone for the Lord counts my tears. When I fall and feel nothing but despair, I know and I feel the tug and the nudges to find my way back to my Glorious Heavenly Father. I know that although I live in the world that when I feel that I am being crushed the things of this world cannot quench and or satisfy or properly justify me. That the Lord whom made me, made me to seek Him, made me to stand for Him, made me to walk with Him, allow Him to carry me when I need, He created me to humble myself, to learn servanthood, to learn to be a godly woman, a godly mother, a godly wife, a godly citizen. He made me to ultimatley return to His house to be honoured to Sit along side of Him at His table. Sometimes we must be silent, in our minds, in our mouths, in our hearts and be patient.

patience is not something that I can do well. Holding my tongue is not my best attribute. My most frequent prayer is that my Mouth be closed and that my tongue be glued to the roof of my mouth. So that I do not something that will shame the Name of the LOrd, for the Lord gave me breathe, the Lord gave me the gift of free will, the Lord gave me the gifts of love, speech, caring, the gift of motherhood, the gift of encouragment the gift of endurance.


No matter what is going on, or how far your circumstances are oppressing you, how much the World is caging you, the light starts in the word, the light shines through you, the light illuminates all because Jesus Christ Died for you, for me, for all of us are sinners and need to be saved. Thank God Jesus is our saving grace!


"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee. Nevertheless I am continually with thee: though has holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward recieve me to glory. Whom have I heaven but thee?and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. For, lo, they that are far from thee shall perish: though hast destroyed all them that go a-whoring from thee. But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."

~Psalm 73:22-28~


I hope in some way reading this blog today speaks to your hearts dear sister in Christ,

With Him all is possible,

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie