Tuesday, June 1, 2010

What is your clothing saying about You?

I believe that Modesty in all avenues is what every Godly Women and Godly Men should always aspire to obtain.
When I look at the Christians that walk in and out of our Christian bookstore in our hometown, I get sooo confused. You see the woman do not dress any different than the Secular Women of the World. You are not able to tell a Christian person apart from your regular women at the Local secular music/social gathering store. When I see them wearing short shorts, mini skirts, tops that are utterly and disgracefuly low,/or see through for that matter, I want to cry out to them and tell them that the Lord loves them regardless of what they wear but what they are wearing causes them to look like they do not have any self respect!
Self Respect: respect for oneself, a feeling that one is behaving with honor, dignity, integrity, self regard, self esteem, pride, morale.

What they are wearing causes men to lust after them. Now, this is my opinion! When I used to wear all of the above mentioned clothing, I did it purely to get attention. I craved to have men look at me, to gawk, and to whistle or say some sly remark. I needed to be affirmed by negative and lustful attention. Now when asked why I would deny needing affirmation. Secretly, It was the real reason. I was not close to God, I had a void in my soul that I did not know how to quench. Little did I realize that by dressy in this manner, I was degrading, debasing, disgracing myself by dressing in scanty attire.

Lust: strong sexual desire, a passionate desire for, apassionate enjoyment of , a sensous appetite regarded as sinful(the lusts of the flesh), have a strong sexual desire.
Scanty: of small extent or amount, barely sufficient, scant, sparse, scarce, meager, slight, skimpy, minimal, small, little, barely adequate, or sufficient, ect.
Debase: lower in quality, value,or character, depreciate by alloying ect, lower, degrade, devalue, depress, demote, belittle, diminish, disparage.

Wow....and yet "godly" women whom claim to read, walk, talk Gods infaillable word, and yet break Gods word, the word that is meant to be followed without Question.!

"But I say unto you, that whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart."
~Mathew 5:28~

Hmmm, would you like to get to the judgement seat of Christ and have to account for several thousands of men, whom were led astray because of the clothing that YOU PERSONALLY WORE?

"This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would......Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication,, uncleanness, lasciviousness."
~Galatians 5: 16,17,19~

I personally believe that We should guard our hearts, BODIES and Souls for our judgement will come. What will you be personally accountable for?
I wear Dresses, skirts and very modest tops because I shall be unique, different, set apart for the Lords work, I will not wear clothing that is for a man. I will not be accountable for others Lustful desires and neither will my children, because in that Judgement seat I will be personally accountable for how I raised my children as well!

How about you, What does your clothing REALLY say about you?

Thank you so much for reading,
With Him all is possible,
Stacey

1 comment:

  1. But remember although God looks to your heart (and yes you are saved by grace), what you do with your life whilts walking in Salvation is what he looks to and will correct along the way! The Lord is a merciful Father,but as any good Father is he will correct and discipline those that walk outside of His bounds!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie