Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Pieces of Me!

I have been thinking lately.........................



I have not been always saved and when I was young I gave peices of my heart away.....What does that have to do with Modesty?



Modesty is very important to me as a God fearing God loving woman.....But as a young woman I never wanted anyone to tell me what to do, I wanted to do what I wanted to do! In my lifestyle of how I was raised waiting until marriage was unheard of! You dated until you found the "one". You had to go through the worst until you find the best....



I find this analogy goes hand in hand with whether you find the love of the Lord or you walk in your own steam. Finding Self glory or Glorifying the Lord in all that you do.



To me now, finding the Lords love has enable me to understand what love truly is (in essence I have found the "one" in the Lord)...No human being can do that for me. My relationships were always based on mistrust, missunderstandings and always some melodrama. Why? I honestly and truly believe it is because the Lords hand was not on my shoulder while in the midst of a lifestyle of selfishness, self reliance and self glorification.

Young women grow up yearning for a romantic, sweep you off of your feet, going about looking for someone to complete you. We are not teaching our children to wait. Wait on the Lord to provide you at the right time, at the right moment, for the right reasons, when you have learned what He want you to learn, then and only then He will provide....

This is why when we try on our own we result in failed relationships, heartaches and many pains.....You see modesty in all that we do, serving the Lord and making Him your most important part of your life, the spouse will come your way.
Ever notice that in the secular world most people say they want to be their own person, do what they want to do....in the end almost every woman is looking, seeking, yearning to find the perfect mate and unfortunatley goes through and gives pieces of herself away at the expence of her God given mate.

If you start to break off pieces of your heart (and this is encouraged at such a young age...by innocent jokes of family members..ie "oh is he your little boyfriend...laugh laugh when the girl is little) your future spouse will only be left with a small portion of a mistreated, misguided, missunderstood feelings. Pieces of your heart you can not get back you give them away and they do not return to you....

Why are we not encouraging and educating our children to wait...

Why do we not want our children to dress modestly and appropriatly? Why are we not setting the example of waiting..waitin on the Lord, waiting to give all of themselves to their spouse? Why are we encouraging a promiscuity lifestyle that only hurts our children, mistreats our children, misguides our children?

Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornications, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Let the husband render unto the wife du benevolence: and like wise also the wif unto the husband. .......Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in is heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.
1 Corinthians 7:1,2,3,37


Your first Love should always be the Lord!

#1 God #2 Spouse #3 Children #4 Extended family

And always in that order.....





When you read through the Bible and you truly yearn to be with the Lord, to walk, to talk, to learn and to give your life over, it is then you understand the true meaning of Love.

The Lord loves us so much, he sacrifices so much we need to learn by example and start giving our children the gift of self control, God control and giving our lives 150% to the Lord and then and only then will we be fufilled!

With Him all is possible,
Thank you for joining me in my journey with the Lord,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie