Sunday, November 7, 2010

Content In Christ. Part 1

Are you Content in Christ? many of you would say "Of Course" "Yes!!" or something like that, but I want to take you deeper into that question.


The word "Content" looked up in the Websters 1828
CONTENT, a. [L., to be held; to hold.] Literally, held, contained within limits; hence, quiet; not disturbed; having a mind at peace; easy; satisfied, so as not to repine, object, or oppose.

CONTENT, v.t.


1. To satisfy the mind; to make quiet, so as to stop complaint or opposition; to appease; to make easy in any situation; used chiefly with the reciprocal pronoun.

Do not content yourselves with obscure and confused ideas, where clearer are to be obtained.

Pilate, willing to content the people, released Barabbas. Mark 15.

2. To please or gratify.

It doth much content me, to hear him so inclined.



Are you satisfied? here are a few verses I have found.
Philippians 4:11
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.


1 Timothy 6:8
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.


Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.


3 John 1:10
Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.


We have to ask ourselves a personal question, and be honest with ourselves, "am I content with Christ?"
If not we need to make it where we are. How do you go about doing that?
You always here, "you need to read your bible and pray" and that's all that is said? well, to be truthful that's what needs to happen, For the well being of you.

Part 2 Coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. I pray to want him. I pray to love him more. I pray to seek him more. I pray to hunger for him for. I pray to be content in him.

    And then, I am.

    Blessings,
    Rae

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl thanks so much for sharing this! Definitely something I will be thinking about today! Being content in my Savior :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie