Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Touching Little Story.

Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a

hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who 

was suffering from a rare & serious disease.  Her only

chance of recovery appeared to be a blood

transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had

miraculously survived the same disease and had 

developed the antibodies needed to combat the

illness.  The doctor explained the situation to her

little brother, and asked the little boy if he would

be willing to give his blood to his sister. 



I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a

deep breath and saying, "Yes I'll do it if it will
save

her."  As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed

next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing 

the color returning to her cheek. Then his face

grew pale and his smile faded.



He looked up at the doctor and asked with a

trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away". 



Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the

doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his

sister all of his blood in order to save her. 




Please do share this with other ladies, and even your children.
Things to think upon.
What came across your mind?
Would you be willing to do that for a loved one?


Blessings,
Katie
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, the innocence of children! This is the sweetest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this story! Do you mind if I were to post it on my blog?

    -Leia <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie