Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Guest Post Day 3!

The main reason we ought to be modest is the fact that God commands us to (I Tim. 2:9)! Modest basically means not revealing too much skin or even too much form. The best book I have found on helping to judge about clothes and being modest is the book entitled "Pattern for Living"; it can be bought from http://www.hylespublications.com/.


The book is very helpful to especially those who haven't been raised with high standards of dressing. I encourage everyone who is interested to make a Bible study out of the subject of modesty. You can see for yourself how God wants His children to dress. I pray that just this little bit will be a blessing to some one.

It is hard to go around today without hearing someone say something about dress or modesty (especially if your in a good church).


Just a little about myself. I am just a lady in my church that is trying to do right. I am from a Christian home who was privileged to go to a good Baptist church. But my parents are divorced, and have been for most of my twenty years of life. So most of what I know is from my pastor & his wife or from godly ladies in the church.


I have heard some people say that dress doesn’t matter or that God doesn’t care how we dress. But I have to strongly disagree! Let’s begin.


Does it matter how we dress?
Yes! The Bible gives us several verses about how to dress. I Timothy 2:9 says that we are to dress in modest apparel. Deuteronomy 22:5 says that women should not dress in men’s clothes and men should not dress in woman’s clothes. I have heard again and again that these are girl’s pants. But ask the bathroom door to see whose clothes are whose. You could go anywhere in the world and go to the correct bathroom. Because the stick figure that wears pants is the boys, and the stick figure with a dress is the girls!

I could go on, but I just recommend that you read a couple of books that have helped me. One is Biblical Modesty by Eddie R. Galyean (Galyean Publications 1-800-Galyean) and Pattern for Living obtained through www.hylespublications.com. But if you do have any questions I would love to try to help you. There are so many things to talk about when talking about modest dress it would take a couple of hours to do it. I hope this helps.

In Christ Always,
Anastasia
Romans 8:28, Proverbs 24:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, and I'm glad you like the blog, if you would like to ask me a more personal question you can find out how to contact me in the "Contact Section"
Please keep the comments non-hateful, Mature and Godly.

Blessings,
Katie